Monday, November 7, 2011

DIY Playful Curtain

Had a busy month last month
Phew!
Still some more orders to go!
December is around the corner. I'll be taking a long break and since Miguel might be getting a job soon, I have decided to go serious on turning my whole sewing room into Chago's little play haven.
But before any of that...
We decided to replace the old boring curtain in our room with a new one.
I had wanted to get some fabrics to sew the curtains but when we were shopping around Parkson in 1B,
we saw some plain unbleached curtains going for RM29.90 each. Long and wide enough for one window in our room.
Miguel and I had the same idea :)
So we got two of these and turned the plain unbleached curtains into these:


Love the effects of the light glowing through in the mornings and afternoons


These are just few of the things that Chago knows and loves, like Stars, the Moon, Trees, Rain, Apple, Butterfly, Dog, Flower, Sun, Cloud, Car, Aeroplane, Triangle, Square, Crocodile, Tortoise :)


Messy Apple! You can see some of Chago's hand prints on them


This was us getting busy :)


Miguel stamping Chago's foot on the curtain


I sewed this very simple Art Top. He has pockets on the front so he could keep brushes etc in them
But I think he doesn't know what they are for yet


Since we were using Fabric Paint and since it has lots of non child safe chemicals in them, we tried distracting him with a bowl of water and some wine corks for him to scoop out and transfer... 
But I guess that didn't really worked :p

We're very happy with our curtain :)
Here's an idea that you can use for your home too

Happy Painting

And till I sew next!

0 comments:

Post a Comment