Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Human Nature Natural Products Review

Something Worth Reviewing!


A couple of months ago, I was contacted by Jeanette of Down To Earth, to test out and review some of their products. I have been approached by many to try out and review products, and I have declined them simply because I just do not have the time (and the products offered has either nothing to do with what I blog about or of nothing that I would like my family, or myself, to try and continue using etc) or interest to do so.. BUT products offered on Human Nature are something else! 

I agreed and immediately started listing what I would love trying out!

What caught my attention was that the products were made out of natural, safe and are free from harmful chemicals. Exactly what every family needs. Exactly what WE needed.

I got the products that I wanted to review the week after that, and only started reviewing them once we settled back from our holidays. We were an excited bunch!

Here is the review, by my family. 


For The Little Ones


(Tangerine Tarsier)

A Review from both the Mum and the Dad:

What We Love About This:
1. Smells Great!
2. Made out of 96.4% natural ingredients! Can't beat that! And love the idea of it!
3. The design of the bottle is enough to get the kids into the shower Pronto
4. It does the job, clean!
5. Got the boys surprisingly clean even after an hour of rolling in Homemade Flour Paint. We would normally have a few flour balls on their hairy arms or back but got the nasties out with this.
6. Affordable for such a product!

What we found lacking:
Not enough lather. 
My kids, who took after both of us, have really thick hair. We have a 4 year old and a 1 year old, and managed to finish the bottle in less than two weeks. Maybe because were so used to using what is offered on supermarket shelves, that we found that we needed to use more than we would need to with a more natural product. 

How would we rate this? 
Dad: 3/5 stars
Mum: 4/5 stars
Kids: 5/5 stars



A review from the Mum & Dad

What we love about this Product:
1. Non drying on the skin. Fabulous!
2. Love the amount of bubbles and lather that it makes. A little goes a looong way!
3. It is 99.3% natural ingredients! 
4. Never fails to wash off Face Paints in a jiffy!
5. Affordable

What we found lacking?
NOTHING
That is how good and straight to the point this product is

How would we Rate this?
Dad: 5/5 stars
Mum: 5/5 stars
Kids: 5/5 stars



A review from a 4 year old and the mum

What do we love about this?
1. Moisturizes our dry skin immediately. The kids got their dry skin from me, as I have always had this. Applying this lotion gives an immediate moisturizing effect.
2. Non greasy! A plus point for us in this humid Malaysian weather!
3. Does not have an over powering fragrant which is perfect.
4. It is made out of 100% natural ingredients!!! 
5. Afordable

What did we find lacking?
NOTHING
It's perfect!

How would we rate this?
Mum: 5/5 stars
4 year old: 5/5 stars (he calls it his little boy lotion)



A review from the Mum

What did I Love about this?
1. No strong fragrance
2. Deeply Moisturizes
3. Great as part of our bedtime routine. We would sing our bed time song when we get dressed from brushing our teeth and have this oil massaged onto the backs and legs and feet of the little guys. They would feel more relaxed and ready for their bedtime stories before easing into sleep.
4. Made out of 100% natural Ingredients. I am amazed, really!

What did I find lacking?
Absolutely Nothing. It does what it does.

How would I rate this?
5/5 stars



A review from the Mum & Dad

What did we love about this?
1. The fragrance! The smell of fresh Lemon Grass! 
2. Moisturizing!
4. Made out of 100% Natural Ingredients

What did we feel lacking?
Dad: Brought the boys out for a hike up in one of our nearby neighbourhood forest hiking trails, the kids had this rubbed onto their faces, legs and arms (exposed areas) but was still bitten. It worked, I guess, but it did not last so long. We would need to reapply several times, which was very uncomfortable because it was quite greasy. 

Mum: I would bring the boys out for a walk around the residential area and one of our favourite stops would be to swing on one of our neighbour's outdoor iron swing. We had our arms, legs, face and neck with the bug shield lotion but was still bitten all over. This happened several times. 

How would we rate this?Dad: 3/5 stars
Mum: 3/5 stars




What Did I Love about this?1. It is water resistant as mentioned
2. My son went swimming under 2pm sun for 3 hours with this on, applied only once, and did not suffer any burns like he normally would. 
3. Made from 100% natural Ingredients 
4. Affordable!
5. Not only is it great and natural for us and the kids, it is also sea friendly. Take a look at the description below:


What I felt Lacking?
Nothing Actually. This is one of my favourite products. We have been buying sunscreens blindly before and now I know better!
We do also use this for other outdoor activities. When we have it on in the water, it's great, but it can feel greasy when we have it on while hiking or playing under the afternoon sun.

How would I rate this? 
5/5 stars
I simply LOVE this one!


For The Grown Ups



Reviewed by the Dad and Mum

What did we Love about this?
1. The smell. The dad didn't think that it smelled like Vanilla but it did smell nice.
2. It is made up of 96.4% natural ingredients
3. Works great when using this, followed by the Natural Moisturizing Conditioner

What we felt lacking?
1. Lather. Just like the Kid's shampoo, we felt that it could do with more lather. We'll blame it on our thick hair. We finished a bottle under 2 weeks between two adults. 
2. We felt that it wasn't as moisturizing as it claims. It probably is, just that maybe we've got thicker hair and so it was hard to tell. The dad claims that his hair felt rougher than when using commercialized shampoos. Then again, it could be because we weren't used to using something as natural as this.


How would we rate this?
Dad: 2/5
Mum: 3/5




Review from Dad, Mum & 4 year Old

What did we Love about this?
1. It is MOISTURIZING!
2. It does what it says, CONDITIONS! & we LOVE it!
3. Goodbye Tangles!
4. Hair becomes so soft! I would also use this on the kids and it works amazingly! The youngest have curly locks and it really gives him the extra curls after each and every wash.
5. Lovely scent!
5. Very Very Very Price worthy! I would definitely keep buying this
6. A little goes a long way. Extra Points for that.
7. Made out of 100% Natural Ingredients. A Big Yesssss from me!

What we felt Lacking?
Nothing!
It's a perfect product for us!

How would we Rate this?
Dad: 4/5 
He didn't think it smelt like Vanilla
Mum: 5/5
My favourite Product for sure!
4 Year Old: 5/5




Reviewed by the Mum

What Did I Love about This?
1. It does what it is supposed to, clean!
2. I did not need to wash my face twice! With other brands, I would need to apply facial wash twice (you know how messy a mother can get with all that cooking, cleaning and running after kids, and sometimes, face painting sessions with the kids). 
3. I love how gentle it actually is on the skin. It exfoliates and really cares for the skin without being to harsh. Great for everyday use.
4. Price wise, I would definitely buy this again. I spend almost as much as I would on this with other non natural brands. 
5. A little goes a long way! I was given a sample of 50ml bottle and I just ran out of it. 
6. Made out of 99.85% of Natural Ingredients

What I felt lacking?Nothing. It is a great product!

How would I rate this?
5/5 stars




Reviewed by the Dad and Mum

What did we Love about This?
1. It's great for the hair! The dad uses this, his favourite product. It Moisturizes his hair and give it that wet look without that greasiness. He claims his hair is softer ever since.
2. I would rub this on my elbows because I find my elbows are quite dry. Works!
3. Moisturizes the face without being greasy.
4. Made out of 100% Natural Sunflower Oil
5. Affordable

What we found Lacking?
Nothing much. 
I did try rubbing it under my eye for weeks but it seem to not make much of a difference in lightening the dark circles. I wouldn't say that it did not work, I would say that I need more sleep :)

How would we rate this?
Dad: 5/5
Mum: 4/5



Reviewed By the Mum

What Did I Love About This?
EVERYTHING!
1. It is light and non greasy. My skin absorbs the cream easily and keeps my face moisturized the whole day
2. The scent is not over powering. It has that sweet smell to it which is perfect for a face moisturizer
3. Made out of 100% natural ingredients. What more could you ask for in a face moisturizer!
4. It is quite pricey for 50ml bottle but it is something I am willing to pay for as it is a great product and works wonders, naturally, for my face.
5. A little goes a long way. Just one small pea size and it glides easily over my whole face.


What I felt Lacking?
I am a happy camper. This is a perfect Moisturizer for me. 
It would be great, though, if Human Nature could come up with a moisturizer like this but with UV protection, perhaps?

How would I rate this?
5/5 stars




Reviewed By the Mum

What Did I Love About This?
Just Like the All Natural Day Moisturizer... EVERYTHING!
1. It is light and non greasy. My skin absorbs the cream easily and keeps my face moisturized the whole night without waking up to an oily greasy face.
2. The scent is not over powering. Yessss... I have this thing, where I complain about scent of products being to strong, it causes my throat to itch and causing me to develop a sore throat.
3. Made out of 100% natural ingredients. I am In Love!
4. I never quite understood the need of having a Night Moisturizer until now. Waking up to a glowing face is way better to the dull familiar face I once knew.
5. A little goes a long way! 50ml, and I still have a quarter to go!


What I felt Lacking?
-
It's perfect for me!

How would I rate this?
5/5 stars




Reviewed by the Mum

What did I Love about this?
1. It leaves a soft and supple feeling in the morning
2. It has that soft scent. 
3. A 100% natural ingredients product


What I felt Lacking?
1. I was given a few small tester bottles of this serum. It was quite hard to get the serum out or to know how much I am actually "pumping" onto my palms to rub onto my face. So I don't really know if it would go a long way or not.
2. It was quite greasy for me. I woke up with soft, smooth and supple skin but it did give me that greasy feeling which I did not like. 
3. It is quite pricey. Although this Overnight Elixir is a 100% natural, it did not give me the results I had expected. I have read reviews on how it reduced fine lines and wrinkles, and that is great. I think It would require a longer and regular use of this product to really see the brilliant effect on my skin. 

How would I rate this?
3/5 stars

****

And there you have it! My humble and honest review on a range of Harmful Chemical Free Products offered from Down To Earth by Human Nature, where most of it's ingredients being Natural.

Jeanette was kind enough to Sponsor TWO sets of products as a Giveaway!

If you would like to get your hands on them, You would need to stay tune as the Giveaway will be though my Facebook Page at Rabbit The Penguin some time this weekend!





0 comments:

Post a Comment